8.13.2008

Enchanted

The streets of PA had a pseudo-victory tonight.

Before I left for Bible Study, I checked out my old friend, Mapquest. He has yet to lead me astray, so naturally I trusted him. To be honest, I don't think it was his fault.

PA has this knack for not clearly marking streets - if they mark them at all! By the time I realized I was never going to find my road, I was already late for the study. It looked like another victory for the streets of PA.

But alas, I had a come back.

I decided to keep going.

I never did find the place where everyone was meeting, but I found something far greater. I drove straight into an enchanted countryside. The sun reflecting like a jewel low in the sky...the corn stretched out on its tippy-toes to poke the billowy clouds...the enticing scent of a spellbound summer's eve...the melodies of praise rising from the unseen creatures.

I found peace.

It has been a rough week...right on time. I have been here for a month now and transition has become a reality. But tonight I heard God whisper words of love to this stubborn child, disarming me and turning my tear-streaked face to Him.

The road did not go where I had planned and in simply following it and refusing to turn back to the familiar, I found a treasure that would have otherwise never been seen by these eyes.

Will I ever learn the simple art of trust?

1 comment:

Macchiatto said...

I'm so sorry it's been a rough week ... but what a beautiful experience God gave you! :) He is good. We need to catch up soon! Now that I'm done with school, internship AND my job, I actually have a little energy left over to talk to people, yay! Can we set a chat or phone date?