10.04.2005

A Good Friend.

So last night I had a good chat with one of my housemates about some different issues going on in her life and then she played "counselor" to me. And I completely loved just sharing with her and hearing about her life.

Tonight though, I was trying to finish a paper that is of course due first thing in the morning, and I just felt a little sad. So I went out on the back porch, turned on the purple Christmas lights and just sat and talked to God. I was probably only out there for 5 minutes, but as I am sitting here now, I realize just how thankful I am that God is my friend. He knows me so well that I don't have to explain all the history behind everything like I would with an earthly friend. I just have to sit in His presence and say "Hi God..." and maybe that's all I have to say and He just knows the utterings of my heart. I love that. He's holy and the Creator of the entire universe...and yet He cares enough about this silly girl who is a bit lonely and overwhelmed to meet her on her back porch for a short talk as she takes a break from a paper that she is struggling to write. How awesome is that? He just loves us so much. I just wish everyone could see this...have this experience...it's available...it just kills me that some will never take hold of it.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What a Friend we have in Jesus, all our sins and griefs to bear!
What a privilege to carry everything to God in prayer!

Can we find a friend so faithful who will all our sorrows share?
Jesus knows our every weakness; take it to the Lord in prayer.

Blessed Savior, Thou hast promised Thou wilt all our burdens bear
May we ever, Lord, be bringing all to Thee in earnest prayer.